Informationen zur Anzeige:
Graduate Research Assistant / Graduate Research Associate (m/f/d) at the Chair of Computer Networks and Computer Communications
07.12.2023, Universität Passau
The Chair of Computer Networks and Computer Communications (Professor Hermann de Meer) at the Faculty of Computer Science and Mathematics is seeking a
Graduate Research Assistant / Graduate Research Associate (m/f/d) in full-time
to start at the next possible date. The position is initially limited to one year with the option of renewal.
or post-doctoral researcher (m/f/d) in part-time position
Duties and responsibilities
- Collaborate on the research project “Powering the METAmorphosis of BUILDings towards a future decarbonised and sustainable energy system – META-BUILD” funded by the European Commission or on other projects in various research fields related to networks, e.g. software defined networks, network function virtualisation, virtual network embedding
- Take on tasks in teaching, research and self-administration
- Must have an excellent (university) master’s degree in computer science or a related field
- Excellent knowledge of computer networks and computer communications
- Good knowledge of energy informatics is an advantage
- Proficiency in German and English (both spoken and written)
- We are looking for a team player with mental agility, who is open-minded and able to work independently and responsibly, even under pressure
What we offer you
The University of Passau actively promotes equal opportunities for all genders as well as diversity in the workforce; therefore, applications are welcome from all candidates who fulfil the requisite qualifications, without regard to gender, cultural or social background, religion, world view, disability or sexual identity.
- The opportunity to pursue a doctoral degree
- Collaboration with employees of respected business enterprises and renowned scientists
- If expedient: participation in project meetings and conferences
- Remuneration in accordance with pay grade E13 of the German public-sector collective agreement TV-L; the salary step depends on the candidate’s qualifications and experience
- A rewarding, diverse and challenging academic position on a modern, verdant campus located on the banks of the river Inn, a few minutes' walk from the historic Old Town of Passau
- A great work climate in a family-friendly environment
As the University of Passau wishes to raise the proportion of women in research and teaching, female academics are expressly encouraged to apply.
The University of Passau owes its strong visibility and good repute to excellent research, innovative teaching and its tight-knit international academic networks. Some 11,000 students and more than 1,300 staff study and work on our University campus, which is located a stone’s throw from the historical Old Town of Passau and combines state-of-the-art technical infrastructure with award-winning architecture. Internationally successful high-tech companies and a vibrant start-up scene, coupled with a rich culture and Lower Bavarian traditions, give Passau and the surrounding area a special appeal that makes it a great place to live and work.
So bewerben Sie sich
Registered disabled persons are given preference over non-disabled applicants who do not otherwise have statutory preferential status if their overall personal aptitudes, skills and qualifications are equal.
If you have any further questions about this position, please contact Professor Hermann de Meer by e-mail: email@example.com.
To apply, please send your full application with all supporting documents (including your curriculum vitae and school, training and work certificates) as a single pdf file to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 15 December 2023. E-mailed applications are kept on file for six months after the conclusion of the appointment procedure, whereupon they are deleted from our systems.
Please visit www.uni-passau.de/en/university/current-vacancies for our data privacy statement.
Only the German version of this vacancy announcement is legally binding.
Die aktuellsten Angebote im Bereich wissenschaftlicher-nachwuchs: