Informationen zur Anzeige:
Doctoral Researcher (Ph.D. candidate) in the area of data exchange and data access in digital platform ecosystems
14.01.2023, Universität Passau
The Chair of Internet and Telecommunications Business (Professor Jan Krämer) and the Research and Training Group “Digital Platform Ecosystems” (DPE) at the University of Passau invites applications for the position of
to start at the earliest convenience.
in the area of data exchange and data access in digital platform ecosystems
This is a fully-funded full-time position, based on a fixed-term contract valid for a period of three years, with the option of renewal. Remuneration is in accordance with pay grade E13 of the German public-sector collective agreement, TV-L; the salary step depends on your qualifications and experience. Minimum annual salary is currently at 52,206 € in the first year, and 56,191 € in the second and third year.
What we seek
- You are a highly motivated master’s graduate with an excellent degree in economics, information systems or a related field of study. You can also apply if you are expecting to finish your degree soon. Preliminary part-time employment up to 0.5 full- time equivalent in line with pay grade E12 TV-L may be arranged temporarily for candidates who have not yet completed their master’s thesis. Please contact us for details.
- Very good analytical skills and most importantly a keen interest in the economics of digital markets and the digital economy.
- Willingness to approach complex practical problems in the digital economy with analytical methods and to learn or deepen your methodological skills (e.g., in experimental economic research, game theory, industrial economics, econometrics).
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team, open-mindedness, and the motivation to work on a research project independently and diligently.
- Excellent spoken and written English language skills. Knowledge of German is not a requirement.
What we offer
The University of Passau wishes to increase the proportion of its female staff and expressly encourages women to apply for the position.
- The opportunity to pursue a doctoral study at a renowned German university, and as part of a particularly strong research team with internationally recognised research activities at the highest scholarly level (see www.ibusiness.uni-passau.de/en).
- Membership in the interdisciplinary Research Training Group 2720 Digital Platform Ecosystems (see https://dpe.uni-passau.de/en for details and activities) funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG).
- Own research budget for conference visits and hiring student workers to assist with research.
- No formal teaching obligation, but possibility to participate in and contribute to the Chair’s teaching portfolio.
- A tailored and structured doctoral programme at the graduate school DPE; a fully funded research visit abroad, external course programme (summer schools, workshops); co-supervision by international scholars and much more. The research and training programme is designed such that students are enabled to complete their Ph.D. degree within three years.
- You will participate regularly in international conferences, become integrated into an international research network and contribute to the national and international political discourse on the regulation of the digital economy.
- Excellent infrastructure, including the Chair's own experimental laboratory, on one of the most beautiful university campuses in Germany.
This position is suitable for candidates with disabilities. Those who are registered disabled are given preference over non-disabled applicants who do not otherwise have statutory preferential status if their overall personal aptitudes, skills and qualifications are equal.
If you have any further questions about this position, please contact Professor Jan Krämer by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The University of Passau owes its strong visibility and good repute to excellent research, innovative teaching and its tight-knit international academic networks. Some 12,000 students from 100 countries and more than 1,300 staff study and work on our University campus, which is located a stone’s throw from the historical Old Town of Passau and combines state-of-the-art technical infrastructure with award-winning architecture. Internationally successful high-tech companies and a vibrant start-up scene, coupled with a rich culture and Lower Bavarian traditions, give Passau and the surrounding area a special appeal that makes it a great place to live and work.
So bewerben Sie sich
To apply, please send your full application (including motivation letter and school/university, training and work certificates) as a single pdf file to email@example.com. Application details can be found at: www.dpe.uni-passau.de/en/application. This position is for Research Area A.1 under the primary supervision of Prof. Jan Krämer ( https://www.ibusiness.uni- passau.de/en/team-members/chair-holder). You can apply at any time, as we will be accepting applications until the position is filled. We will start reviewing received applications on 31 January 2023.
E-mailed applications are kept on file for up to six months after the conclusion of the appointment procedure, whereupon they are deleted from our systems.
Please visit www.uni-passau.de/en/university/current-vacancies for our data privacy statement.