Informationen zur Anzeige:
Doctoral Researcher (Ph.D. Candidate) at the Chair of Science Communication and the DFG Research Training Group 2720 "Digital Platform Ecosystems" (DPE)
18.11.2023, Universität Passau
The Chair of Science Communication (Professor Hannah Schmid-Petri) and the DFG Research Training Group 2720 “Digital Platform Ecosystems” (DPE) at the University of Passau invite applications for the position of
in the area of political discourses that form around regulatory initiatives of the platform ecosystem
to start at the earliest convenience.
This is a fully funded part-time position (75% FTE) based on a fixed-term contract with a three-year term with the option of renewal. Remuneration is in accordance with pay grade E13 of the German public-sector collective agreement, TV-L; the salary step depends on your qualifications and experience.
What we seek
- You are a highly motivated postgraduate with an excellent master’s degree in communication science or a related field of study. You can also apply before graduating if you are expecting to finish your degree soon. Please contact us for details.
- Very good analytical skills and most importantly a keen interest in the regulation of digital platform ecosystems and the digital economy.
- Methodological skills, especially in quantitative methods (e.g. quantitative content analysis, survey research, computational methods) and data analysis.
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team, open-mindedness, and the motivation to work on a research project independently and diligently.
- Excellent spoken and written English language skills. Knowledge of German is not a requirement.
What we offer
- The opportunity to pursue doctoral study at a renowned German university as part of a particularly strong research team.
- Membership in the interdisciplinary Research Training Group 2720 Digital Platform Ecosystems (see https://dpe.uni-passau.de/en for details and activities) funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG).
- Your own research budget for conference visits and hiring student workers to assist with research.
- No formal teaching obligation but opportunities to participate in and contribute to the Chair’s teaching portfolio.
- A tailored and structured doctoral programme; a fully funded research visit abroad, external course programme (summer schools, workshops); co-supervision by international scholars and much more. The research training programme is designed such that students are enabled to complete their doctoral degree within three years.
- You will participate regularly in international conferences, become integrated into an international research network and contribute to the national and international political discourse on the regulation of the digital economy.
- Excellent infrastructure including IT equipment on one of the most beautiful university campuses in Germany.
The University of Passau owes its strong visibility and good repute to excellent research, innovative teaching and its tight-knit international academic networks. Some 11,000 students from 100 countries and more than 1,300 staff study and work on our University campus, which is located a stone’s throw from the historical Old Town of Passau and combines state-of-the-art technical infrastructure with award-winning architecture. Internationally successful high-tech companies and a vibrant start-up scene, coupled with a rich culture and Lower Bavarian traditions, give Passau and the surrounding area a special appeal that makes it a great place to live and work.
So bewerben Sie sich
How to applyThe University of Passau wishes to increase the proportion of its female staff and expressly encourages women to apply for the position.
This position is suitable for candidates with disabilities. Those who are registered disabled are given preference over non-disabled applicants who do not otherwise have statutory preferential status if their overall personal aptitudes, skills and qualifications are equal.
Emailed applications are kept on file for six months after the conclusion of the appointment procedure, whereupon they are deleted from our systems.
Please visit http://www.uni-passau.de/en/university/current-vacancies for our data privacy statement.