Informationen zur Anzeige:
Doctoral Position at the DFG Research Training Group 2720 «Digital Platform Ecosystems»
16.03.2023, Universität Passau
The DFG Research Training Group 2720 “Digital Platform Ecosystems” at the University of Passau invites applications for
to start at the earliest convenience.
We offer fully-funded full- and part-time positions (75%–100% FTE, TV-L 13) based on a fixed-term contract with a three-year term with social security and healthcare contributions with the option of renewal. Remuneration is in accordance with pay grade E13 of the German public-sector collective agreement, TV-L.
The Research Training Group (RTG)
The RTG (see https://dpe.uni-passau.de/en for more information) is a postgraduate excellence programme and vibrant interdisciplinary research community, comprised of 22 doctoral (PhD) and postdoctoral students, eight principal investigators/doctoral supervisors and an international network of research partners from the disciplines of information systems, management, organisation, marketing, economics and communication studies. The RTG is generously funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG; https://www.dfg.de/en/) and investigates the idiosyncratic characteristics of digital platform ecosystems and their implications for the transformation and design of economic value-creation architectures as well as for overarching socio-economic and regulatory developments. The RTG is organised in three interdisciplinary thematic areas:
- Research Area A: Data exchange in digital platform ecosystems
- Research Area B: Innovation, transformation, and organisation in digital platform ecosystems
- Research Area C: Socio-economic and regulatory dimensions of digital platform ecosystems
What we seek
- You are a highly motivated postgraduate with an excellent master’s degree in information systems, management, organisation, marketing, economics, communication studies, or a related field of study. You can also apply before graduating if you are expecting to finish your degree soon. Please contact us for details.
- Very good analytical skills and a keen interest in digital platforms.
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team, open-mindedness, and the motivation to work on a research project independently and diligently.
- Excellent spoken and written English language skills. Knowledge of German is not a requirement.
What we offer
How to apply
- The opportunity to pursue doctoral study at a renowned German university as part of a particularly strong research team with internationally recognised research activities at the highest scholarly level (see https://www.dpe.uni-passau.de/en/publications)
- Mentorship by at least two professors.
- Your own research budget for conference visits and hiring student workers to assist with research.
- No formal teaching obligation, but opportunities to participate in and contribute to the DPE curriculum.
- A tailored and interdisciplinary doctoral training programme; a fully funded three-month research visit abroad, external course programme (summer schools, workshops); co-supervision by international top scholars and much more. The programme is designed such that students are enabled to complete their doctoral degree within three years.
- You will participate regularly in international conferences, and become integrated into an international research network.
- Excellent infrastructure including IT equipment on one of the most beautiful university campuses in Germany.
If you have any further questions, please contact Dr. Verena Komander by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or the responsible professors for questions regarding the research areas.
- Please visit www.dpe.uni-passau.de/en/application for details on the application process.
- You can apply at any time, as we will be accepting applications until the position is filled.
- We will start reviewing received applications on 15 March 2023.
The University of Passau wishes to increase the proportion of its female staff and expressly encourages women to apply for these positions.
The University of Passau owes its strong visibility and good repute to excellent research, innovative teaching and its tight-knit international academic networks. Some 12,000 students and more than 1,300 staff study and work on our university campus, which is located a stone’s throw from the historical Old Town of Passau and combines state-of-the-art technical infrastructure with award-winning architecture. Internationally successful high-tech companies and a vibrant start-up scene, coupled with a rich culture and Lower Bavarian traditions, give Passau and the surrounding area a special appeal that makes it a great place to live and work.
So bewerben Sie sich
The positions are suitable for candidates with disabilities. Those who are registered disabled are given preference over non-disabled applicants who do not otherwise have statutory preferential status if their overall personal aptitudes, skills and qualifications are equal.
Emailed applications are kept on file for six months after the conclusion of the appointment procedure, whereupon they are deleted from our systems. Please visit www.uni-passau.de/en/university/current-vacancies for our data privacy statement.
DFG Research Training Group 2720 “Digital Platform Ecosystems” · University of Passau · Dr.-Hans-
Kapfinger-Straße 16 · 94032 Passau, Germany