Informationen zur Anzeige:
Assistant Professor at the Chair of Multilingual Computational Linguistics
20.01.2023, Universität Passau
The newly established Chair of Multilingual Computational Linguistics at the University of Passau has been held by Professor Johann-Mattis List since its inception on 1 January 2023. With respect to research and teaching, the chair focuses on four major aspects: comparative linguistics (historical linguistics and linguistic typology), scientific problem solving, scientific programming and computational linguistics. The chair thus emphasises interdisciplinary approaches and will closely collaborate with other chairs at the University’s Faculty of Arts and Humanities and Faculty of Computer Science and Mathematics. The chair is seeking an
to start on 1 April 2023. This is a three-year fixed-term contract with the possibility of extension by an additional three years following a positive evaluation. To be considered for this position, applicants must have completed a doctoral thesis in general, comparative or computational linguistics. Applicants who fulfil the eligibility requirements for a German Beamter (civil service) career can be hired as a temporary Akademischer Rat/Akademische Rätin; remuneration would then be in accordance with pay grade A13 of the German public-sector pay scale for civil servants. While employed by the chair, the candidate will be given the opportunity to write their postdoctoral habilitation thesis.
(Akademische Rätin/Akademischer Rat auf Zeit)
- Teach courses in the field of multilingual computational linguistics (5 hours per week during the semester).
- Conduct research in the field of multilingual computational linguistics.
- Assist with general and organisational matters at the Chair of Multilingual Computational Linguistics (i.e. related to teaching, research and academic self- governance).
- Assist with interdisciplinary duties of the Chair of Multilingual Computational Linguistics (organising conferences, workshops and work-group meetings; training student assistants).
- Doctoral degree in general linguistics, comparative linguistics or computational linguistics.
- You have gathered initial research experience as a postdoctoral researcher following the publication of your doctoral thesis.
- You have teaching experience in one or more of the chair’s focus areas.
- You should have basic programming knowledge and be willing to learn how to use the software tools required for the work done at the chair.
- Very good written and spoken English and German language skills.
The University of Passau owes its strong visibility and good repute to excellent research, innovative teaching and its tight-knit international academic networks. Some 12,000 students from 100 countries and more than 1,300 staff study and work on our university campus, which is located a stone’s throw from the historical Old Town of Passau and combines state-of-the-art technical infrastructure with award-winning architecture. Internationally successful high-tech companies and a vibrant start-up scene, coupled with a rich culture and Lower Bavarian traditions, give Passau and the surrounding area a special appeal that makes it a great place to live and work.
So bewerben Sie sich
Applications will be accepted until 28 February 2023. To apply, please send your full application, consisting of a letter of motivation which relates to the job profile, your curriculum vitae, certifications, doctoral thesis and two publications or research papers by e-mail in a single PDF file addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write “Application for the Assistant Professor position at the Chair of Multilingual Computational Linguistics” in the e-mail subject line. E-mailed applications are kept on file for up to six months after the conclusion of the appointment procedure, whereupon they are deleted from our systems.
Please visit www.uni-passau.de/en/university/current-vacancies for our data privacy statement.