Informationen zur Anzeige:
Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter/Wissenschaftliche Mitarbeiterin am Lehrstuhl für Mathematik mit Schwerpunkt Dynamische Systeme - englische Fassung
13.01.2023, Universität Passau
The Chair of Dynamical Systems, Professor Fabian Wirth, invites applications for the position of
Graduate Teaching and Research Assistant / Graduate Teaching
starting on the next possible date.
and Research Associate
This position is offered on a fixed-term basis with a three-year contract and is remunerated in accordance with pay grade E13 of the German public-sector collective agreement, TV-L.
The group works in the general area of mathematical systems theory. Currently, the focus lies on the following topics:
Based on experience, the position can be filled at the postdoctoral level (full-time) or by someone aiming to pursue a doctoral degree (75% full-time equivalent).
- Input-to-state stability of infinite-dimensional systems
- Consensus and synchronisation
- Dynamics of switched systems
- Control-based distributed algorithms for large-scale optimisation
- Control of iterated function systems
- Operator theoretic methods for the analysis of dynamical systems
- A teaching load of five hours per week during the semester. Classes are to be taught in German. Responsibilities include planning, administration and class hours.
- Collaborate on research projects in Dynamical Systems, preferably focusing on the topics mentioned above.
- You will be given the opportunity to pursue your doctoral studies.
- Experience in academic teaching of mathematics is preferred.
- University master’s degree or doctorate in mathematics or a related subject; a focus on mathematical systems theory is desired.
- Experience conducting scientific research ideally with an initial track record of participation in German or international conferences or journal papers.
- An independent, reliable and accurate approach to work.
- Must have an analytical mind and exhibit initiative and creativity.
- Must be stress-resistant and dependable.
What we offer you
The University of Passau wishes to increase the proportion of its female staff and expressly encourages women to apply for the position. Job-sharing arrangements may be possible, depending on the number of suitable candidates.
- Remuneration in accordance with pay grade E13 of the German public-sector collective agreement (TV-L); the salary step is dependent on your qualifications and experience
- A rewarding, diverse and challenging academic position on a modern, verdant campus located on the banks of the river Inn, a few minutes’ walk from the historic Old Town of Passau
- A great work climate in a family-friendly environment
This position is suitable for candidates with disabilities. Registered disabled persons are given preference over non-disabled applicants who do not otherwise have statutory preferential status if their overall personal aptitudes, skills and qualifications are equal.
If you have any further questions about this position, please contact Ms Sandra Paliege by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The University of Passau owes its strong visibility and good repute to excellent research, innovative teaching and its tight-knit international academic networks. Some 12,000 students from 100 countries and more than 1,300 staff study and work on our University campus, which is located a stone’s throw from the historical Old Town of Passau and combines state-of-the-art technical infrastructure with award-winning architecture. Internationally successful high-tech companies and a vibrant start-up scene, coupled with a rich culture and Lower Bavarian traditions, give Passau and the surrounding area a special appeal that makes it a great place to live and work.
So bewerben Sie sich
To apply, please send your full application (including school, training and work certificates) as a single pdf file to email@example.com by no later than 15 February 2023. Applications may also be accepted at a later stage until the position is filled. Once the application process has been completed, we will retain your application on file for six months before deleting it from our computer systems.
Please visit www.uni-passau.de/en/university/current-vacancies for our data privacy statement.